Our school is a caring, Christian community in which pupils have the opportunity to achieve academic excellence and to grow spiritually, emotionally, socially, creatively and physically in a healthy environment.
Why choose us?
- Loreto Abbey offers a contemporary educational experience rooted in the core values of the Loreto tradition.
- Each girl is treated as an individual, is encouraged to achieve her academic potential and develop into a well rounded person.
- The relationship between teachers and student is open, relaxed and respectful.
- There is a strong student support structure and students have a voice in the leadership of the school.
- A wide subject choice is available and class sizes are small.
- First Year students sample a range of subjects before making informed choices for Junior Certificate.
- The Learning Support Department is staffed by qualified personnel who work with parents to maximise student success.
- A diverse co-curricular programme is on offer for every student.
- The spiritual lives of students are nurtured and opportunities are provided to work on social justice outreaches.
- Partnership with parents is promoted through regular communication and through the work of an active Parents’ Association.
- Our location is close to the Dart and situated overlooking the sea and Dalkey Island, with all the beneficial effects of the waves and the winds making Loreto Abbey one of the most beautifully located schools anywhere in the world.